Monday, August 15, 2011

The Travels of Calvin the Extraordinarily Safe

Dave says:
There's a serious weakness in my logistical planning for this weblog.

We started the northeast leg of the Grand National Tour a bit early, but we're still on summer vacation for a few more weeks... meaning I haven't started the weblog-related homework assignments yet, so I'm not getting help generating weblog postings from Calvin and Isabel yet.

When I'm not planning the next trip, or buying groceries, or feeding the kids, or doing laundry, or taking down the tent... well, I'm either driving, or carefully getting my sleep so that I *can* drive. No spare time for writing weblog entries, it seems... and I've been remiss in collecting pictures of our journeys so far, as well, due to miscellaneous camera trouble.

(Dead batteries count as "camera trouble" at least for one trip, and so do full SD cards and a missing camera cable. Can I count forgetting the camera in the car, for several of our excursions, as "camera trouble" too?)


But we're traveling safely (see accompanying images -- Calvin has the whole back seat of the Escape, and can make use of all three seat belts...) and happily; the kids have been enthusiastic about all of our adventures so far (except for Calvin's unrelenting earache from swimming in the Atlantic). See following posts for details.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are having fun.

    I like the seat belts.

    Hope you get some sleep... Todd (4am)

    ReplyDelete